About the information we collect
We collect a range of personal information and usage statistics to maintain a high-quality user experience and deliver superior customer service. We request some information directly from you during registration and/or your order process.
There are thus different levels of information we collect, depending upon your relationship to TSS-Tech and how you use our services:
- Regular customer: In order to provide regular and free updates of our products, we actively collect which customer has bought which product via Second Life marketplace or one of our in-world shops.
- User of the "OfflineIM" or "OfflineChat" service: In order to protect law, we are obligated to log each instant message or chat session. Therefore we record the senders and recipients SecondLife UUID as well as the time of contact. To provide a proper service, it is necessary to temporary store messages in our database during a chat session, but we do NOT log the content of your messages and/or any content that may or may not be private or confidential.
- Customers using any hosted service: In order to provide hosted solutions to our customer, we have to record several information about you and/or your business, lands, estates or customers. Any information will be stored on server and storage systems of TSS-Tech (regarding the head of TSS-Tech business).
Please note, that we log any instant messages between TSS-Tech employees and our customers!
Protection and disclosure of your information
TSS-Tech does not disclose personal information or other account-related information (such as IP addresses) you provide us to third parties without your permission. You understand, however, that TSS-Tech may disclose your personal or other account-related information under the following circumstances:
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law, or to comply with legal process served on TSS-Tech.
- In order to protect and defend the rights or interests of TSS-Tech, Linden Labs, Second Life or the users of Second Life.
- In order to report to law enforcement authorities, or assist in their investigation of, suspected illegal or wrongful activity, or to report any instance in which we believe a person may be in danger.
Amendment of this policy